Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Liebster Award

I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award by a few of my fellow bloggers, Alyssa from Running Alyssa, Faith from The Petite Pearl, Katie from Chic In Carolina, Maria from Essentially Maria, and Desirae from A Flower In the Rough.
Here are the rules:
-Thank and link the bloggers who nominated you.
-Nominate about eleven bloggers(or less) (with less than two hundred followers)
who you think deserve the award, and leave links to their blogs.
-Answer the eleven questions posted by the blogger(s) who nominated you, then write
 eleven (or less) new questions for your nominees to answer.
-Notify your nominees.

I  nominate:

Classically Kasey
A Flower In the Rough
Miss Lauren Alston


My Questions:
What would your dream subject in school be?
What did you want to be when you grew up as a kid, and do you still want to be that?
Favorite form of social media?
Where do you think you'll be in 7 years?
What is the most fun you've ever had?
Beach or mountains, and why?
What is your dream place to live?
Favorite girl and boy names?
What is your middle name?
Top 3 books you've read?
Do you play any sports?
Alyssa's Questions:

1. What's the story behind your blog name?
I tried to come up with a blog name for months, and finally settled on this one (which I'm not in love with). I live in California, so sun. I wanted to blog about fashion, so style. And I wanted to incorporate health/ fitness, so squats.

2.What's your favorite state and why?
My favorite state is California. It's such a diverse state, with both beautiful beaches and majestic mountains. I do tire of the constant hot weather, but I'm very lucky to live here.

3. Why did you start blogging?
I enjoy reading other people's blogs, so I decided to start my own in the hopes of inspiring others.

4. How long have you been blogging?
I started at the end of March, so almost a month and a half.

5. Who's your favorite artist?
Taylor Swift!

6. Do you play any sports? If so, what sport?
Yes, I play soccer.

7. Who inspires you the most?
Taylor Swift, or KJP.

8. What are you doing right now?
Typing this on a computer in my mom's office space in our house.

9. Do you have any advice about high school?
I'm still in 8th grade (one month left!), so I do not have any advice on high school!

10. What's your favorite thing to do on a Saturday?
Play soccer, hang out with friends, paint my nails, and relax.

11. What are your goals?
Get good grades, have a successful blog, play soccer in college, and travel.

Faith's Questions:

1. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I enjoy having a creative outlet, being able to use photography, and meeting blogging friends!
2. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
I would love to have the power to fly because I could travel to anywhere I wanted to!
3. If you could meet any person- living or deceased- who would it be and why?
I would love to meet either Taylor Swift (I'm a huge fan, and she seems like a genuinely good person), or Neil Armstrong (we could discuss what it's like to be on the moon!).
4. If you could travel anyplace in the world, where would you most like to visit? Or, where is your favorite place you have been?
My favorite place I've been is London, and I would love to go to quaint, cute French towns in the countryside- they look like they're from a movie!
5  What or who inspires you the most?
Instagram inspires me because I gain inspiration from people's pictures.
6. What is one thing you could not live without?
Realistically, shoes. But I probably would live a sad life without a camera/phone.
7. What is your dream job?
I would love to be a professional adventure (shoutout to Alastair Humphreys), or an editor of a magazine.
8. What is the most bizarre thing you have ever done or tried?
These aren't very bizarre, but I've been zip lining, and I've also put a starfish on my head.
9. What is your favorite book or movie, and why?
As much as I love everything Harry Potter, I love Paper Towns by John Green. It is wonderfully written, and I love the plot and sense of adventure/mystery.
10. Who are your main style icons? How would you describe your personal style?
For style icons, I would say Carly from TCP, Sarah Vickers, and Alex Yeske. I would describe my personal style as a bit of everything. Sometimes it's more preppy, while other times I'm influenced by the "Southern California" style.
11. What is something interesting about yourself that someone wouldn't guess about you?
I really enjoy watching the news.

Katie's Questions:

1. Why did you start blogging?
{answered this above (; }
2. If you could only shop at one store for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Clothes wise, Madewell, but it's so expensive, so I'm going to have to go with Target, because they have everything.
3. How would you describe yourself in one word?
Ambitious
4. Favorite food?
Orange Chicken
5. What is one fun fact about yourself?
I always want to go on adventures, and sometimes force my neighbor to go on them with me.
6. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I will be 24 years old, living in a flat in London with a cat, being a successful woman with a job I love.
7. What is your dream city to live in?
London, England.
8. Weirdest experience that's happened in your life?
When I was 9, my parents and I were in the car on our way to a place we were going to be
vacationing. A telephone wire broke and hit our car windshield, cracking it. If it had gone through the windshield, both of my parents would be dead. I think that the timing is insane- it had to be perfectly timed to hit our car.
9. What does your perfect day consist of?
To start off, I would have an early soccer game, because I enjoy playing early. After we win, I would go to Jamba Juice (Mango A-Go-Go ftw). Later in the day,  I would head to the beach with my friends and go surfing. To end the day, we would go exploring on the beach.
10. East Coast or West Coast?
I live on the West Coast, but I really want to go to college on the east coast, or live there at some point in my life.
11. Pet peeve?
People who put no effort into anything, or don't care about their grades.

Maria's Questions:

1. What do you hope to get out of your blog?
I hope to make new friends, become more creative, and get better at writing and photography.

2. What is one thing you struggle with?
I struggle with procrastination. I tend to put projects off until the last  moment.

3. What type of job career do you want to go into?
I enjoy and am good at math, so maybe something with math, but  I would love to be able to travel as part of my job.

4. Do you really believe that "preppy" is a thing?
I believe that people may dress in a certain way that is distinct and "preppy". There is also a certain lifestyle that is often associated with being preppy, but I believe that it is not needed to live a certain way in order to dress preppy.

5. What is your favorite unhealthy food?
Anything with chocolate!

6. What do you want your readers to gain once they finish reading a blog post?
I want my readers to feel positive and happy after reading my blog.

7. All time favorite song? Why?
I'm a big music person, so this is really hard. I really like Mary's Song by Taylor Swift because it's from her first album and never gets old.

8. Northern or Southern states?
Assuming this (kinda) means east coast, I am not the person to ask because I have only visited Washington D.C., which I loved. I guess I have to go with North, but I've never been to the South.

Desirae's Questions:

1. Favorite guilty pleasure song?
The Real Slim Shady by Eminem

2. If you could switch closets with anyone, who would you choose?
Alex Yeske

3. What is your Starbucks order?
Grande Passion Fruit Iced Tea Sweetened

4. What is the oldest article of clothing you own in your closet?
I have a navy blue sweater that was actually my dad's in the 80's.

5. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
{ansered this above (: }

6. Favorite childhood movie?
Madagascar- I love that movie so much!

7. What is your favorite place to shop?
J Crew/ J Crew Factory

8. Serena Van der Woodsen or Blair Waldorf?
Serena!

9. Favorite social media to use?
I love all forms of social media, but probably Instagram.

10. Favorite school subject?
Math!

11. How do you define happiness?
Being positive in everything you do, not letting little things upset you, and spreading your happiness to others.


I hope you enjoyed this; sorry for it being so long! Thanks again to the girls who nominated me!
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment