Monday, May 9, 2016

What to Eat: Pre-Workout

Hey everyone, and happy Monday! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Something that I'm interested in and spend a lot of time researching is nutrition. I think that what we put into our body is so important to how healthy and happy we are. When working out, nutrition is even more important. Today I'm sharing some perfect pre-workout meal/snack options!


Before working out, you want to eat carbs, because carbs = energy. It's important to not eat right before you workout- your body needs some time to digest before being active. I make sure to eat at least 1 hour before working out, if not 2 or 3. Some of my personal favorite pre-workout meals are oatmeal with an apple chopped up, an orange, a banana, or toast with peanut butter. Also, always make sure to hydrate before working out!

What do you like to eat before working out?
xoxo,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment