Friday, July 15, 2016

Fab Friday

Hey everyone! Happy Friday. I'm so excited to be back blogging after a crazy two weeks! I mentioned in the Fab Friday two weeks ago that my soccer team made it to Maryland for finals. Last week we flew to Maryland, and were there for 6 days. We were able to explore Washington D.C. as well as parts of Maryland and Virginia. It was really nice to be back on the east coast, as I hadn't been there since last August. I will have a few recaps of our trip coming up next week because I did take a lot of pictures. For this post, you'll just get a little sneak peek ;) 

one:
On our first real day in Maryland my team and I headed over to Georgetown. We were given a tour of the campus by the coach, and were able to see a bit of the town. Georgetown is so cute! I'm obsessed with all of the brightly painted homes, as well as fun streets packed with preppy stores. 

two:
Like I just mentioned, we toured Georgetown University (let me know if you would like to see a post just with snaps from GU). The campus is situated on the Potomac River and it's a really pretty campus. The buildings are interesting because some of them look like Hogwarts, while others are brick. 

three:
If you follow me on IG (@lotsoflys) you would've seen this snap from Mount Vernon. I had been to DC before, but had never been to Mt. Vernon. We went on our last day and it was so pretty! There were so many pretty flowers, and the views of the river were spectacular!

four:
When in DC, it's pretty essential to make a stop at the White House! It's such a touristy thing to do, but I always enjoy it. This was about the best picture I could snap with all of the fences and guards and such, but I think it looks pretty good. 

As you're reading this, I will be heading to the beach with some of my friends. Tomorrow I am volunteering and they are bringing in 8 puppies in the hopes of getting them adopted (heart eyes emoji)! Have a great weekend and make sure to lookout for some recap posts next week!

xoxo,
Alyssa

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great trip- Mt. Vernon is so gorgeous, I love the grounds there haha! Happy Friday, Alyssa!

    xoxo,
    Katie
    chicincarolina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, and I totally agree! Have a great week, Katie!

      xoxo,
      Alyssa

      Delete
  2. Georgetown looks adorable, sounds like a great trip!!
    xo, Syd
    anchoredinthesouth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cute, and I had an awesome trip!

      xoxo,
      Alyssa

      Delete