Wednesday, November 11, 2015

How to Eat Less Sugar

I would consider myself to eat pretty healthy, except when it comes to this time of year. Between Halloween candy (one piece? ha!), festive fall treats, and all the fun Christmas sweets coming up, it's hard to avoid sugar. Here are some tips that I use to keep from eating too many sweets!


Less is more.
Instead of having a bowl of 30 M and M's and then refilling that bowl 5 times, try only putting 10 M and M's in the bowl. You can still refill the bowl 5 times (although you probably shouldn't), and you will feel like you've had a lot when you have really just tricked yourself. 

Chew gum. 
Whenever you are tempted by sweets but you know you shouldn't have them, chew a piece of gum. It will give you a taste of sweetness and give your mouth something to do. 

Move the sweets out of sight. 
I don't know about anyone else, but when I see that my mom bought ice cream, I suddenly really want it! If I had never seen it, I wouldn't have wanted it. Move the sweets out of sight and you won't be reminded and tempted by them. 


Eat fruit.
Sometimes sugar cravings are signs that you're really just hungry! Instead of reaching for a few cookies, try eating an orange or an apple. You will get a taste of sweetness without the calories and fat!

Remember that I'm not saying to never eat sweets- everything is okay in moderation!

xoxo,
Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. This is so helpful! Sweets are definitely my weakness and I either do really well and not eat any or eat way too much!

    xoxo,
    Katie
    chicincarolina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! That is exactly what I do-ugh!

      xoxo,
      Alyssa

      Delete