Monday, August 3, 2015

Week 1 #BloggersBTS: Back to School Clothing Essentials

Hello gals! I'm super excited about today's post and I just wanted to thank Cathleen and Nicole for including me in their #BloggersBTS link-up! This week is week 1, and the theme is "Fashion". For today's post, I am sharing my "Back to School Clothing Essentials". Enjoy!


Jeans

Jeans are an essential in every wardrobe. They go with absolutely everything, and can be dressed up or down. I love starting off the school year with a new pair of jeans because I know that I will get a lot of wear out of them. My favorite jeans are from American Eagle and Hollister (both are so comfy) but I've also heard good things about JCrew's.


Backpack

A backpack is obviously a school essential, and I decided to include it because technically it is fashion because you wear it. This is the one that I purchased for the upcoming school year. It may not be the cutest, but I'm excited to use it because it holds everything I need and is great quality!


Shoes

Starting off the school year with a new pair of shoes is always a good idea. I recommend purchasing a new pair of the ones that you wore the most last year, whether that be Jack Roger's, Sperry's, or Converse. You will get a lot of wear out of them, and they should last you the whole year!


Basic Tees

On those days when I don't know what to wear, I find myself resulting back to basic tees, and shorts or jeans. I think that you can never have too many basic tees (if the shirt looks cute on you, buy it in every color *winks*). They are essential (and cheap) and I love to add a few new colors each school year! My faves are here  (cute pocket) and here (under $4- so many colors!).


Button-Up

This shirt is such a classic, and I think that it is a good idea to add a new one to your wardrobe each school year, to slowly grow your collection. They are a bit pricey, but you can wear them year round in many different ways and they will last forever.

I hope you guys enjoyed this post. Let me know in the comments what your back to school fashion essentials are!

xoxo.
Alyssa

8 comments:

  1. That tee looks super comfortable super comfortable! I've been wanting to add some new basic tees to my collection too. I also totally agree that a button up is essential.

    Jenni // The Beautiful Fool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't go wrong with basic tees. I'm glad you agree with my essentials!

      xoxo,
      Alyssa

      Delete
  2. I love that button up, I'm hoping to buy one in white soon! I have a pair of jeans from J. Crew and I love them!

    xoxo,
    Katie
    chicincarolina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too- I'm saving my money! I'll have to look into purchasing a pair of J.Crew jeans...

      xoxo,
      Alyssa

      Delete
  3. Love the essentials you out together! J. Crew jeans are THE BEST-- worth every penny (plus a student discount doesn't hurt!). Totally agree with your comments about backpacks... I have the same one and while I wish I could be using a cute tote bag instead, my backpack gets the job done. Thanks for joining the linkup!! Hope to see you post again in the following weeks :) XO, Nicole
    www.empirestyles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! I might just have to invest in a pair of J. Crew jeans. Thanks for including me in the link-up!

      xoxo,
      Alyssa

      Delete
  4. I have that exact North Face backpack but in gray, it is perfect for all of my school supplies!
    xo, Syd
    www.sincerelysyd9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! I actually bought the gray one, but used the black one for this collage. I can't wait to use it!

      xoxo,
      Alyssa

      Delete