Monday, February 29, 2016

All About My FitBit Flex

Hey everyone! Today I'm talking about a fairly recent purchase and new obsession- my FitBit! I had been wanting one for a while and when I saw that it was on sale, I had to buy it! My FitBit is in the color 'Slate', which I really like because it goes with everything. I thought I would share my favorite features of the FitBit Flex


To start off, I want to say that the FitBit syncs to an app on your phone, or your laptop. You can view everything on the app.  The main feature of the FitBit is that it tracks your steps, and does so by the swinging of your arm. So yes, if you swing your arm without moving, steps are counted. Also, if you work somewhere where you carry things or if you are pushing a shopping cart, it doesn't always track the steps. Just a heads up. The daily step goal for every user is 10,000 steps, which is surprisingly hard to get to. It also tracks how many 'Active Minutes' you get each day, or time where you don't stop moving for 10 minutes. You can also track what you eat and how much water you drink. If you are a runner (or a walker) the FitBit maps out your run and tells you steps per minute, total miles, average miles time, and total time. One of my favorite features of the FitBit is the sleep tracking. I thought that it was weird initially, because I knew that I slept pretty well. Once you put your FitBit in sleep mode (tap 5 times), it is ready to track your sleep. In the morning it tells you how long you were asleep (the goal is 8 hours), and shows you when you were awake and when you were restless. Another cool feature is the silent alarms. In the app you can set a silent alarm, which is perfect for waking up or for reminders to do things. Instead of a loud alarm clock, I wake up to the gentle buzzing of my wrist. On the FitBit app, you can become join any friends that have a FitBit and see how active they are. If you are a competitive person, this can be a very useful thing because it will make you want to be more active just so you can beat your friends. I also wanted to mention that the FitBit is water-resistant and not water-proof. A.K.A. you can wash your hands with it on, but don't wear it in the shower or to go swimming. The FitBit needs to be charged, and mine seems to need charging every 2-3 days. I typically charge it during a time when I know I won't be taking any steps, such as when I do my homework. 

I hope you guys found this helpful! If you have any other questions feel free to leave them in the comments!
xoxo,
Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. I have the Charge and I'm obsessed with it! I love the sleep tracking though I found it a bit creepy at first but super cool! I always charge mine while I shower!

    xoxo,
    Katie
    chicincarolina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's realy smart Katie! I'm obsessed with my FitBit too!

      xoxo,
      Alyssa

      Delete