Monday, September 28, 2015

My Top 5 Books

Growing up, I was an avid reader. Then all of a sudden. I got busy and time that I spent reading was pushed to zero. For me personally, I need a good book to make me motivated to read, so today I'm sharing my favorite books!


1. Paper Towns by John Green
The best combination of adventure, mystery, and romance is right here. And if you saw the movie, do yourself a favor and go read the book. Trust me, it's better. 

2. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
I'm a big fan of John Green (Looking for Alaska is another good book) and this book is just as well-written as his other books, but seems to get less recognition. It features dynamic characters, adventure, and romance. It definitely deserves a read!

3. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
My mom read this book for her book club and thought that I would enjoy reading it as well, I brought it on our camping trip back in June, and finished it in a day! This book is so interesting. It's about a wealthy family that has their own island that they vacation on each summer, and the events that occur there. Let's just say that this book holds the biggest plot twist ever and had me crying in our tent. Please read it.

4. The Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling
I am a Potterhead meaning that I have read all of the Harry Potter books and watch the movies whenever I have time. Although I read the books back in elementary school, I highly encourage anyone who hasn't read the books to read them (and then watch the movies after)!

5. Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper
This book is about a special needs girl whose brain functions perfectly well, but she can't speak. It talks about her daily struggles and how she wants to communicate, but can't. It definitely opens your eyes and lets you see what living with a disability could be like.

Please leave me book recommendations in the comments!

xoxo,
Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. We Were Liars sounds amazing! I haven't been reading as much lately due to my English class but I will definitely be checking that out! I love the Selection series and then I love the Gossip Girl books for a lighter read!

    xoxo,
    Katie
    chicincarolina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendations, Katie; I'll definitely look into them! I'm sure you'll enjoy We Were Liars!

      xoxo,
      Alyssa

      Delete