Thursday, April 23, 2015

My Skincare Routine

Skincare is something that I feel is very important. Taking good care of your skin is going to benefit you now, and in the long run as well. It is essential that you find out what regiment works well for you and your skin, as it is different  and unique for each person. My skin was bad about a year ago, so I visited a dermatologist which I highly recommend if you feel it is necessary.  By no means is my skin perfect, but it is definitely better. Now onto the products I use to keep my skin as clear as possible.

Morning


The first product I use on my face each morning is the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser. This cleanser is really gentle and the container lasts for a really long time.


10 minutes later (my dermatologist gave me times to follow) I apply my morning topical, Aczone, which is prescription only. 15 minutes after that, I apply my moisturizer, which is the Up and Up Dual-Treatment Moisturizer. I really like this product because it is light-weight, but still does a good job of moisturizing.


Night


At night, I like to use a scrub. My favorite is the Up and Up Apricot Scrub. It has little beads that exfoliate, but are not too harsh. After that, I apply the Boots Botanics Matifying Toner with a cotton ball all over my face. This gets all of the excess dirt and oil that is on your face off, and you can see it when the cotton ball is dirty after (yuck!).

15 minutes later, I apply the same moisturizer as I did in the morning. After 15 more minutes, I apply Tazorac, which is another prescription-only topical. 


I have been following this skincare routine for about 7 months without switching up any of the products, and I really like it. I hope this post wasn't too long, and that you enjoyed it!


What is your favorite skincare product?

xoxo
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment