Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Recap: NYC

Our second stop of our trip was NYC, New York, specifically Manhattan. We had 2 full days in NYC, and I loved it!

Day 1:
We spent the first day doing some of the "touristy" things that the city has to offer.

 This is a picture of the 9-11 Memorial. There is a waterfall where each of the World Trade Centers used to stand.

 I always find it humorous when there is a super old building among modern skyscrapers. 

 I posed for a pic in front of the Wall Street Bull.

 We took a ferry out to see the Statue of Liberty- here's our view from the boat!

 We had tickets to go up to the pedestal of the statue (which involved climbing many steps...) and this pic is taken up there. Notice the NYC skyline in the background!

This was our view looking up!

Day 2:
We spent our second day in the Big Apple shopping and exploring the Upper East Side as well as Times Square!

I went in my first Lilly Pulitzer store on Madison Ave. and loved it! I tried on 5 dresses and got the cat dressing room!!

I love this dress!!

How cute is this Kate Spade store? 

Outside of Central Park there were a bunch of huge spools of thread, which was actually rope. 

 We went to the Plaza hotel, which you may recognize from Suite Life of Zack and Cody and Eloise!

 Here's a candid that my mom snapped in Times Square of me watching a street performer.

 My dad and I in Times Square.

 On our way back to the hotel, we went to Carlo's Bakery, which you may know from the TV show, Cake Boss. I had a super yummy canoli. 

NYC was absolutely so nice. I loved the fast-paced lifestyle, and I really enjoyed seeing all of the business people go to work in the morning (hoping that that can be in the future ;))!  If you missed the first few posts from my trip, you can click here to see my recap of Philadelphia and here to see an outfit that I wore in Boston (my next recap-city). Thanks for reading!

xoxo,
Alyssa


No comments:

Post a Comment