Friday, July 31, 2015

My Experience At The 2015 Special Olympics

When I heard that the 2015 Special Olympics were going to be held in Los Angeles, I was so excited, and knew that I had to go! I had worked with special needs kids last year (more on that here) and I really enjoyed it. The Special Olympics model the The Olympics, except that there are a few different sports, and of course, the athletes are special needs. Athletes come from all over, and I saw some from a country I had never heard of!


Anyways, today my mom and I made the journey to LA via train, which was surely an adventure. I had a lot of fun! Also, sorry for the quality of the pictures. I didn't take my camera, so they are taken with my iPhone. 




 Here is a shot of a Great Britain vs. Italy Badminton match.


 The beginning of a Handball game between Egypt and the Netherlands. Handball is a super cool sport. Can I play??



Overall, I really enjoyed my experience at the Special Olympics, and I think it would be super fun to volunteer at them! If the Special Olympics are ever near you. I highly recommend you go!

xoxo
Alyssa


No comments:

Post a Comment