Sunday, March 27, 2016

One Year of Lots of Lys

Hey everyone, and happy Easter! Although Easter is a more important holiday than the one I'm talking about today, I want to share something that I'm very proud of. I've been blogging for a year! March 27th is my "Blogiversary", and I'm so excited.

Here's a picture from my first outfit post!

If you have been reading since the beginning (shout-out to my dad), then you may remember that my blog had a different name when I first started blogging. For the first couple months of blogging, my blog was Sun, Style, and Squats. When I began, I didn't really love this name, but settled on it because I just "wanted to have a blog already". I changed the name last May, and it has stayed the same since, with no plans of changing. 

I'm proud of the content that I put out, although I know that it could improve with more practice. This is my 150th blog post here (totally on accident) and I hope to continue to post more frequently. I'm so glad that I've made friends and "met" so many people through the blogging world. It's so cool to be able to meet like-minded girls with similar interests. 

I want to thank each and every one of you who has followed along over the past year, whether you've been here the whole time, or have only just joined. I love reading and responding to comments on my posts and positive feedback is just the best. 

To celebrate one year of blogging, I asked you guys on IG and Twitter to ask me any questions about myself, Lots of Lys, or blogging. Thank you to those who asked questions!

How do you come up with things to blog about?
I keep a list in the notes on my phone of blog post ideas that I have. I try to think of posts that I would like to read, or posts that I wanted but were unable to find online. I also love using Pinterest as inspiration!

What do you love most about blogging?
I love that I have a creative outlet where I can share my ideas. I also love connecting with other bloggers, especially in link-ups or collabs!

What do you hate most about it?
I hate coding. I don't understand it at all, and sometimes googling just doesn't work out. I also hate when I proofread my post and then publish it, only to realize later that there's a spelling error. sigh.

What are your favorite places to shop at?
I love shopping and my favorite places are J. Crew, J. Crew Factory, Madewell, Old Navy, Gap, Target, and Lilly Pulitzer!

xoxo,
Alyssa

P.S. I have a lot of social media- make sure you're following me on everything!

Instagram: lotsoflys
Twitter: lotsoflys
Snapchat: lotsoflys
Pinterest: lotsoflys
Tumblr: classy-incalifornia

8 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary !! I'm so glad that we became friends this year and can't wait to see our friendship continue to grow !! It was awesome getting to know you even better in this post and excited to see your blog get better and better post by post !!

    xoxo

    russiaboles.wordpress.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Russia! I too am so glad that we became friends and I can't wait to continue to get to know you!

      xoxo,
      Alyssa

      Delete
  2. Congrats on one year of your blog! I'm excited to see what's next for Lots of Lys!
    Rebecca xo
    www.sunnyrebecca.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on one year Alyssa! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ashley Faith! I really appreciate your sweet comments.

      xoxo,
      Alyssa

      Delete